I love little birthmarks, as they are just another indication of just how "One of a kind" each of us are. ( Owen has a cute, red, almost heart-shaped on on his back. That is why I insisted on this shot.That has been one of the neatest things about having another baby- there are so many physical similarities between Owen and his brothers, and great family traits that they both posess... but they are completely their own... two distinctly different and VERY special souls.
It is interesting as a mother, what impressions you receive when you look into your babies eyes. I was never one of those moms who could discern sex, or personality traits of her child while in the womb, but impressions sure come with strength when I look into the eyes of my baby boys.
With Payton, when I would get to gaze into his pretty blue eyes, I always felt he would be happy, friendly, kind, and funny. As he grows older, that is re-affirmed as I watch how social he is. He can make friends with anyone!!!! And I have never known a(n) (almost) four year old who TEASES his mom more than his mom teases him. He is very thoughtful... mostly of others, and his cute little prayers reflect that as he consistantly prays for "the whole Planet, and everyone else on it."
My feelings regarding Owen have been silently awe inspiring to me. With him I see sweetness, to be sure, how can you not see that in a baby's cute little smile... that he LOVES to give freely and OFTEN. But more than that, I feel strength, valiance, a soldier... someone strong and true, standing up for what he believes in. It makes my heart startle a bit to think of it, and to even write it. And sometimes I think maybe I just have a wild imagination, but I know thats not really true. Even as Kade blessed him, my testimony grew of inspiration that mothers can receive about their children. Kade talked about Owen being a "leader to his family and friends.... leading them in the directions of love and righteousness..... influencing others for good"
Also, for you fabulous mothers, a great book I just read is called:Contentment
By: Maria Covey Cole
The insights and inspiration in this book were a daily pick-me-up.










1 comments:
Cuteness! I miss you guys and can't wait for you to meet Myles!
Post a Comment