SLIDESHOW

GOING PRIVATE

Hello friends and family! I have emailed my contact list letting
them know that our family blog will be going private,
but if you are a regular follower of our blog, and would like to
continue to be... please email me at: klingler2003@hotmail.com
with your email address so I can invite you on over!

Our kids are the most important thing in the world to us,
and to keep them safe in this ever deteriorating world, we would
like to only share all their tid bits with family and friends!Thanks for understanding!




10/14/08

Testimony Tag- this is a long one!

As leaders in the Young Women's program, we have been discussing the need for our beautiful young women to more regularly share their testimony of the gospel in order for it to be strengthened, so, I realized I needed to do the same and also, find more ways to do it. Also, I was inspired by an ENSIGN article that encouraged this type of sharing on the internet.... exactly what I am doing here.... sharing of testimony on BLOGS, MYSPACE, FACEBOOK, etc.

My testimony is this, and it has grown and changed over the years, line upon line. I know that God is my Heavenly Father. He is perfect, and he sent his perfect Son to be an example and a sacrifice for us. I know that Christ did indeed suffer for the sins of all... for mine, which are many, but truly, for EVERYONE! His love is perfect and real, and something we can feel and experience as we strive to have a relationship with him.
I know the Atonement is real. I have felt the arm of the Lord reaching for me in my worst times, in my deepest sins, whether is be through gentle nudgings of the spirit, or through the reaching out and concern of leaders, friends, family, and neighbors.
He will never desert you. You will never be alone.
I was never left alone, and for that I am most grateful. That unconditional love has nurtured me, changed me, and helped my testimony to grow into what it is today.

I had an experience when I was a sophomore in High School. I received a Patriarchal Blessing that year. In it, I was told "Heavenly Father loves you and is appreciative of the way in which you have lived your life thus far." I really struggled to believe this part of my blessing. It didn't seem possible. If I looked back on how I had lived my life thus far, all I could see were sins and mistakes.
We often feel that way, and through the following experience was how I came to have a testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I attended a weekend getaway with some wonderful lessons and guest speakers, and in that weekend we were given a couple hours of personal time to go out into the woods and privately read, pray, ponder, and write in our journals. I remember so vividy my time there. I read and re-read my Patriarchal blessing, and as always, stumbled over that line with disbelief. I prayed to know how this could be true. Did Heavenly Father really mean this, or were these just the words of a man who really didn't know me? I prayed for almost an hour, and tears of frustration and inadequacy came to the surface. In seminary we learned that great inspiration comes through the ready of the scriptures, and so I opened to them, and the first verse on the first page I opened to read:

"For He is a God of truth and cannot lie."

In that instant so many things ran through my head. I look back now and know I was blessed with the whisperings of the spirit. I know that because of how I felt. Warm, tingly, loved, overwhelmed. This is how I feel physically when the spirit speaks to me. The thoughts that came were these:

"This is a true blessing from my Father given through a good and righteous man who was called as his mouthpiece. It IS TRUE. Heavenly Father is a God of truth and cannot lie. However, His statement of love and acceptance is true, but so is that fact that I sinned and did not live according to the commandments He has given. SO- this can only be true if Jesus truly did suffer for my sins, and through my repentance, the Lord "remembers them NO MORE."
Right then I believed that with all my heart. I knew what I learned was true. Jesus is the CHRIST..... he suffered for us. If we repent we ARE forgiven and our sins are remembered by Him no more.

This is part of my testimony, my knowledge of God, His son Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, and the power of the Atonement. I hope to share more later.

But for now..... you are TAGGED! Anyone who wants to be, and the four following people.

Kirii Jones (to read the testimony of my wonderful sister)
Lacey Peterson (to read the testimony of a brand new momma... congrats Lace!)
Jason Nichols (to read the testimony of a friend and convert)
Lynsi Theurer (to read the testimony of an inspiring and beautiful friend and leader)

Your choice! Don't feel pushed, but maybe recall this scripture:
"For behold, this is My work and My glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
And for that to happen the gospel has to roll forth- so we must share it however we can!

All my love-
NICOLE

4 comments:

Kara said...

What a beautiful testimony! Thanks for sharing! You are an amazing person and I am blessed to have you as a good friend and neighbor!

The Raguskus Family said...

Nicole, you are truly an amazing and beautiful woman. Thanks for sharing your testimony. It was a beautiful highlight to my evening.

BL said...

Mine isnt nearly as beautiful and long as yours ( Little time= I am a new mom, what can I say?) but DONE! thanks!

Doug and Kirii said...

Thanks for tagging me little sis. You are such an example to me. I love you so much!