SLIDESHOW

GOING PRIVATE

Hello friends and family! I have emailed my contact list letting
them know that our family blog will be going private,
but if you are a regular follower of our blog, and would like to
continue to be... please email me at: klingler2003@hotmail.com
with your email address so I can invite you on over!

Our kids are the most important thing in the world to us,
and to keep them safe in this ever deteriorating world, we would
like to only share all their tid bits with family and friends!Thanks for understanding!




3/19/08

"I smell like pig's ears!"

"I smell like pig's ears!!!" What do you say when your kid tells you that? "Oh..." I was baffled. It turns out Payton is soooo much like his Daddy, and he internalizes EVERYTHING his daddy tells him. Here is the scoop:

Grandma Cindy bought Payton a Thomas the Train shaving set for christmas, and now every night when Kade is shaving, Payton has to stand on his stool at the sink and shave too. We seem to have misplaced his Thomas shaving cream, so he has been using the Colgate Original Scent cream instead. So- after shaving and brushing his teeth, we put him to bed, had prayer, told a Dragon story, and gave kisses. I told him his cheeks smelled soo good, and he said "Yeah, I smell like pig's ears!" It turns out that months before, I had been at dance when Kade and Payton got ready for bed. After kade smelled Payton's cheeks, he told him about when he used to do 4H. Kade raised pigs, and before showing them would rub them with baby powder and shave their ears with Colgate Original Scent shaving cream. "So," he said, "you smell like my pig's ears!" Evidently Payton never forgot that, so he thinks when anyone shaves, that's what they smell like. How CUTE!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a cute story! (Where does he come up with all of these sayings??!?!!?!) He's so dang cute! Love the pictures bytheway. And yay! I can post comments now!

Doug and Kirii said...

That is so adorable. I miss you guys so much. I really like your hair too!!!

Andrea said...

Cute, I love that they remember these things! He is such a doll!

Angie said...

Nicole- This is Angie. I just found your blog. What a cute little family. I love your haircut:)

Nicole Klingler said...

Thanks Angie!!! I need to find yours. I hear it is CUTE! I will link around to see if I can find it. Thanks!!!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Nicole I found your blog from Kimberly. Do you remember when I saw you at the portrait studio? Well your Payon has gotten so grown up I can't believe it. I just had to tell you that.