SLIDESHOW

GOING PRIVATE

Hello friends and family! I have emailed my contact list letting
them know that our family blog will be going private,
but if you are a regular follower of our blog, and would like to
continue to be... please email me at: klingler2003@hotmail.com
with your email address so I can invite you on over!

Our kids are the most important thing in the world to us,
and to keep them safe in this ever deteriorating world, we would
like to only share all their tid bits with family and friends!Thanks for understanding!




3/21/08

Private blogging?

I've been discussing this lately with my mom and sister, and the recent decision of some of my friends to go private is coaxing my nagging thoughts into action. Our families are soo important to us! How would I feel if I exposed my child to something harmful by plastering his picture on the internet???? Am I making him a target, or myself, or my family in general??? Let me know your thoughts as I am interested in everyones opinion. I'm a little on the fence, but for safety sake I think that is the direction we will go. So- I will let everyone know- but in the meantime give me your email if you want to be invited to view. Its not really an incovenience to look up. Once you put in your info to view, the computer should remember you. It will just prevent strange people from linking from blog to blog and looking at things without your permissions.
And to my friends who have gone private, if you read this, please include my email in your settings.

klingler2003@hotmail.com

12 comments:

Amanda said...

I've often wondered this myself. I've talked it over with Derik and we feel like it's okay for now - if people really wanted to find us, it wouldn't be that hard for them...but I do see your point. I just try to not put identifying information, like where we live, etc. Good luck making your decision! I've added you to my address book just incase we do change our minds...but here's my email if you decide to block your blog: deriknamanda@yahoo.com

Blake and Breanna said...

I have also thought about this too but am not sure. My address is bmurrays@msn.com

BL said...

yeah, i think its a good idea. You probably already have this, but of course- ecblmckee@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It's a hard decision to make! My grandma reads my blog all the time, and if I go private, she'll never figure out how to get into it . . . even though I've tried to show her many times. For now, we won't, but I see your point! If you do go - add us! travisandrea@hotmail.com

Cami said...

I'm trying to decide this myself. I think I will once I gather emails. Will you add us: pquiv@yahoo.com
Are you the one that asked where our camping pictures were taken? If so, we went to Wallowa Lakes, Oregon. Sorry if it wasn't you.

Angie said...

I'd love to see your blog if you go private. nodrac@gmail.com

Me said...

We love your blog. Payton is beyond cute. We can understand why you'd want to do what you can to protect him. If you go private we'd still like to be included. Thanks! hsargent@cableone.net

The Raguskus Family said...

Nicole I went private for this reason. I added you to my list if you ever view ours. My email is braguskus@msn.com

kami said...

i struggled w/ going private too but i'm glad we're going to do it! i think it's a good idea :)

here's my email: kamille.larsen@gmail.com

Unknown said...

KK, I went private a while ago and some of the people that I wanted to get my blog couldn't. So i ended up making it public again but making sure it wasn't in a "searchable" form and that my profile didn't link to it. Also i don't use our full names. pretty much people have to know the address to find it. :)

Unknown said...

April at Q.com btw

Andrea said...

We want to be included too, it is really hard to choose...nielsenad@msn.com let us know!